Aren’t these chocolates a work of art? Almost too pretty to eat…
D was in San Francisco and Napa a couple of weeks ago, and texted me the following photo from SFO airport with the question: want any chocolate?
I couldn’t type back fast enough – yes please!
SFO now has the Napa Farms Market, in case you need some last minute olive oil, cheese, or artisanal soap. Or chocolate! He picked out a box of Kollar Chocolates with 16 different pieces, each beautifully painted or decorated.
I’m happy to report that they taste as good as they look.
*** Three star ***
- Coffee Kahlua – very intense coffee flavor
- Ginger – nice heat from the ginger
- Orange Grand Marnier – subtle orange
** Two star **
- Coconut – surprisingly good with white chocolate filling
- Sunflower seed praline – almost savory, like peanut butter, with a faint salty crunch
- Red wine – nice berry flavor
- 72% dark chocolate – simple and delicious
* One star *
- Lavender – I’m on the fence with this one, fortunately the lavender is not too strong, but I’m not sure whether it goes with dark chocolate
- Earl Grey – interesting, fairly subtle
- Milk chocolate – again, simple but good
I would happily eat these again next time I’m in Napa… or SFO!